This apple pie baked oatmeal is like having dessert for breakfast! It is a sweet, easy, and absolutely delicious way to start your day. This is perfect for any time of the year, from Summer as a cold breakfast to Winter as a warm breakfast and if you top it with some homemade nut butter it is even more perfect!
Rolled oats - for baked oatmeal, rolled oats work better than quick oats as they give it so much more texture and don't become mushy.
Soy milk and water - the liquid is essential for this recipe to get the perfect texture.
Chia seeds - the chia seeds along with the liquid will act like an egg and bind everything together.
Cinnamon and nutmeg - to give the special apple pie flavor, both the cinnamon and nutmeg take this baked oatmeal to the next level!
Apples - the cooked apples will make this extra sweet and create the apple pie baked oatmeal.
The complete list of ingredients is located in the recipe card below.
Step by step instructions
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Add to a bowl, the oats, cinnamon, flaxseeds and baking powder and stir well. Add the plant-based milk and maple syrup and stir well. Let rest for about 10 minutes. Add the chopped apple and stir.
- Transfer to a baking dish and cover with cinnamon. Bake for 45 minutes.
Tips and variations
Apple - make sure to chop the apple really finely so that it will cook completely in the oven.
Oats - to have more texture, I have chosen rolled oats. These will cook completely in the oven and not become mushy as steel-cut oats would.
To make this the perfect breakfast, I would suggest topping this with some nut butter on top (find out here how to make homemade nut butter!), some yogurt, dried coconut flakes, and some additional fruit such as blueberries or strawberries!
How to store it
Simply let it cool down and, when cold, transfer to an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 3 to 4 days.
How to reheat it
This reheats super well in the microwave!
Frequently asked questions
I would say, baked oatmeal is soft, chewy and creamy.
If you try this recipe let me know!
Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @nutsandpumpkin . I absolutely love seeing and sharing your recreations! Also, follow along on Facebook and Pinterest for the latest recipe updates!
Finally, are you on Pinterest? Why not save this photo below to your boards so you can come back and try it another time!
Try these breakfast recipes next!
Apple Pie Baked Oatmeal
- Baking dish
- 150 gram rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds (or chia seeds)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 450 ml unsweetened plant-based milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup optional
- 1 apple chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Add to a bowl, the oats, cinnamon, flaxseeds and baking powder and stir well. Add the plant-based milk and maple syrup and stir well. Let rest for about 10 minutes.
- Add the chopped apple and stir. Transfer to a baking dish and cover with cinnamon. Bake for 45 minutes.