This apple pie baked oatmeal is like having dessert for breakfast! It is a sweet, easy, and absolutely delicious way to start your day. This is perfect for any time of the year, from Summer as a cold breakfast to Winter as a warm breakfast.
Why will you love this vegan baked oatmeal?
- Less than 10 ingredients
- 25 minutes to make
- Lasts for at least 4 breakfasts or snacks
- Super cheap breakfast
- And the best one - FEELS LIKE EATING CAKE IN THE MORNING!
What do you need to make baked oatmeal?
- Rolled oats - for baked oatmeal, rolled oats work better than quick oats as they give it so much more texture and don't become mushy.
- Soy milk and water - the liquid is essential for this recipe to get the perfect texture.
- Chia seeds - the chia seeds along with the liquid will act like an egg and bing everything together
- Cinnamon and nutmeg - to give the special apple pie flavor, both the cinnamon and nutmeg make this baked oatmeal to the next level!
- Apples and cinnamon stick - the cooked apples will make this extra sweet and create the apple pie baked oatmeal
How to make this apple pie baked oatmeal?
Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
Add to a bowl, rolled oats, soy milk and water, cinnamon, nutmeg, chia seeds, and a pinch of salt.
In the meantime, add to a saucepan, the chopped apples with 1 cinnamon stick, water and cook for 5 minutes on medium heat.
Add the cooked apples to the bowl where you previously mixed the oats and stir well.
Add the mixture to a baking dish and cover with as much cinnamon as you would like.
Cook for 20 minutes and take a slice once it has cooled down! (If you can wait!)
Recipe tips and tricks
Do you have to refrigerate baked oatmeal?
For storage, I recommend putting the baked oatmeal in the fridge up to 3 to 4 days so that it stays good and I would recommend covering it.
Can I bake with quick oats?
As mentioned before, I recommend using rolled oats to give the perfect texture to this baked oatmeal.
Can I add any different flavor to the baked oatmeal?
You absolutely can. You can replace the apple and spices with some blueberries and banana per example.
What can I eat with this apple pie baked oatmeal?
- Fruit (even some caramelized banana)
- Nut butter (learn how to make easy homemade nut butter)
- Granola (like this easy oil-free banana bread granola)
Just like this picture where I had some apple pie baked oatmeal with hazelnut butter and some fresh fruit!
IF YOU TRY THIS APPLE PIE BAKED OATMEAL LET ME KNOW!
Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @nutsandpumpkin . I absolutely love seeing and sharing your recreations!
Finally, are you on Pinterest? Why not save this photo below to your boards so you can come back and try it another time!
Looking for more sweet recipes? Try these ones out next!
Apple Pie Baked Oatmeal
- Baking dish
- 150 gram rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds (or chia seeds)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 450 ml unsweetened plant-based milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup optional
- 1 apple chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Add to a bowl, the oats, cinnamon, flaxseeds and baking powder and stir well. Add the plant-based milk and maple syrup and stir well. Let rest for about 10 minutes.
- Add the chopped apple and stir. Transfer to a baking dish and cover with cinnamon. Bake for 45 minutes.