Want to get some more salad ideas that only have wholesome ingredients and are packed with flavor? This avocado & mango salad is my go-to salad nowadays! So fresh, sweet, and still spicy, I can't get enough of it!
What do you need for this avocado & mango salad?
- Ripe mango – the sweetness from the mango gives such a powerful flavor to this salad! It ends up acting a bit like its own dressing!
- Ripe avocado – avocadoes have the best flavor when they are ripe, but make sure it is not too ripe or getting brown inside!
- Cherry tomatoes – the cherry tomatoes bring out the freshness in this salad! Can you already tell me how much I am in love with this recipe??
- Rocket/Arugula – The rocket gives this salad a strong taste almost acting like a spicy component!
- Lime juice dressing – Just a tiny bit of lime juice with balsamic vinegar and chili powder goes a long way to making this salad reach perfection!
- Parsley – some fresh herbs always go a long way in a salad!
Ready to get started making a super sweet and tasty salad?
How to chop and choose the ripe mango?
Initially, make sure the mango is ripe enough. You will know this by seeing it is quite soft.
Now, chopping it. A mango has one long flat seed so, if you have a sharp knife, just slice off the sides around the seed and when it is chopped, scoop the flesh out of the skin, and afterward, just cut it in bite sizes.
Assembling the salad
Start by adding to a bowl, the washed rocket.
Now add the chopped mango, cherry tomatoes, fresh parsley, and lime dressing. Stir well.
Now that everything is done, add the avocado but only when you are about to eat the salad so that the avocado is super fresh!
What to serve with this salad?
This salad is so versatile you can serve it with basically anything!
Besides the option of adding some seeds for some protein, you can also pair this with:
And, if you want to add anything else, let me know in the comments below, how it goes! I would love to know!
This salad holds in the fridge for 2 to 3 days. If you prefer to do it as meal prep, you can chop everything but, only add the chopped avocado right before serving it so that it doesn’t brown up.
I would actually not freeze this salad but, you can eat it with some frozen meals like the falafel (freezes super well!)
IF YOU TRY THIS AVOCADO & MANGO SALAD RECIPE LET ME KNOW!
Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @nutsandpumpkin . I absolutely love seeing and sharing your recreations!
Finally, are you on Pinterest? Why not save this photo below to your boards so you can come back and try it another time!
Looking for some other ideas for summer? Try these ones out next!
Avocado & Mango Salad
- 1 mango ripe
- 1 avocado ripe
- 100 gram rocket
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 10 gram parsley
- 1 lime juice
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- Chop the mango into bite size cubes.
- Add to a bowl, the rocket, mango, cherry tomatoes, parsley and stir well.
- When ready to serve, add in the chopped avocado and salad dressing.
- Add the lime juice, balsamic vinegar and chilli powder to a bowl and stir well.