Want to learn my go-to dressing that's perfect for a loaded potato salad, a tofu buddha bowl, a baked falafel, a vegan burger and more? This lemon tahini dressing is an easy and quick and oil-free dressing. Perfect for meal prep as it lasts up to 3 to 4 days in the fridge.
I recently shared a potato salad, and this was the dressing I have topped it with. It brings the salad to life with its strong but still fresh flavor!
Why are you going to love this salad dressing?
Easy - it is crazy how simple this salad dressing is.
Creamy - even though this dressing is oil-free, it is still super creamy!
Cheap - it will help you save money to make this instead of buying store made salad dressings
Versatile - you can use this dressing for anything! To top up wraps, salads, pasta salad, the options are endless!
Ingredients for this lemon tahini dressing
- Tahini - a sesame paste. Tahini is strong in flavor but when in a good combination, it works so well! Try to buy one that is just sesame seeds grounded.
- Lemon juice - perfect for balancing out the salad dressing!
- Mustard - really gives a punch of flavor to this dressing and takes it to the next level. My favorite is Dijon mustard.
- Water - the dressing gets really thick so the water helps to dissolve it so you can mix it better with your salad!
- Salt and black pepper - I always add these to balance out any dish!
How is the sauce creamy without oil?
Tahini is naturally creamy! It can be made thicker or thinner by adding more or less cold water.
Ok, so, before going ahead and making the tahini dressing, I am aware you might have some questions!
Is tahini vegan?
Yes, it definitely is. It is a sesame seed paste and the best one should only have sesame seeds as ingredients.
Where can you buy tahini?
You should be able to get it in any supermarket nowadays. If you really don't know, you can always google it per your location. Being based in switzerland, sometimes I can't find some ingredients so I just google where they might exist somewhere else and it always does the trick.
How to make it
Start by mixing the tahini, lemon, mustard, salt and black pepper, in a bowl.
Once it is all together, you will see it is super thick! So now, add cold water until it is as creamy as you would like and, yes, that is it!
Lemon Tahini Dressing Tips
- If the flavor is too strong - depending on the tahini you get, the flavor can be a bit stronger. If it is, add some 1 tbsp at a time of lemon juice and if it still is too much, add a teaspoon of maple syrup.
- If it is too thick - if even with the water you add, the dressing is still too thick, add some more cold water. It will come to the stage where it is super creamy!
How to store it
This should keep good in the fridge for 7 days in a well sealed jar.
I wouldn't freeze it as it only takes 5 minutes to make and the flavor is stronger that way.
IF YOU TRY THIS LEMON TAHINI DRESSING RECIPE LET ME KNOW!
Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @nutsandpumpkin . I absolutely love seeing and sharing your recreations!
Finally, are you on Pinterest? Why not save this photo below to your boards so you can come back and try it another time!
Wondering what can you use this on?
- Salads (such as this loaded potato salad)
- As a dip for falafel
- Wraps along with some sundried tomato pesto
- Bowls (such as this easy tofu buddha bowl)
Lemon Tahini Dressing
- 4 tbsp tahini
- 2 tsp mustard dijon
- 4 tbsp water
- 1 lemon juice
- pinch of black pepper
- pinch of salt
- Start by mixing the tahini, lemon, mustard, salt and black pepper.
- Once it is all together, you will see it is super thick! So now, add cold water until it is as creamy as you would like and, yes, that is it!