My favorite quick lunch is here! Mushrooms on toast is such a quick and delicious lunch, packed with flavour and takes about 20 minutes to make!
What do you need to make this mushrooms on toast?
- Olive oil – even though I usually use very little oil while cooking, olive oil makes a big difference for this dish.
- Chestnut mushrooms – a mushroom toast is not the same without the mushrooms! If you have any other type of mushrooms, that works as well.
- Garlic and coriander – the garlic and coriander are the key ingredients that provide an absolute divine taste to this recipe! And they are perfect when you are low on spices at home.
- Lemon juice – the acidity from the lemon balances the flavour perfectly.
- Black pepper and salt – for the final touch.
How to make mushrooms on toast?
This mushroom toast couldn’t be simpler!
All you need to do is slice the mushrooms, the garlic and chop finely the coriander.
Heat a nonstick frying pan with olive oil and, when it begins to sizzle, add the mushrooms and cook on high heat until lightly browned which should take about 10 minutes.
Add the garlic slices, lemon juice, and coriander, and season with salt and black pepper and sauté for 5 more minutes.
Which bread should you use?
My favorite type is the long slices but feel free to use any type of bread! You can toast it on a toaster OR follow my tip and, remove the mushroom mixture from the pan and toast the bread on the remaining olive oil. It gets extra indulgent!
Now, all you need to do is spoon the mushrooms and juices over the toasted bread.
LET’S TALK REPLACEMENTS
- Coriander – If you are not a big fan of coriander, try this recipe with some fresh parsley! I honestly prefer coriander but it works really well too.
- Chestnut mushrooms – being the most common type of mushrooms I can get my hands on, I prefer to use these ones but this recipe works with any type of mushroom!
When could you serve this?
Besides being a perfect quick lunch or dinner, I also love serving this as an appetizer! I slice the bread into small and fancy slices and cover each one with a spoon or so of mushrooms and it is always a success!
IF YOU TRY THIS MUSHROOMS ON TOAST RECIPE LET ME KNOW!
Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @nutsandpumpkin . I absolutely love seeing and sharing your recreations!
Finally, are you on Pinterest? Why not save this photo below to your boards so you can come back and try it another time!
Looking for more quick and easy meal ideas? Try these ones next!
- Vegan lettuce wraps – perfect for a warm day and takes about 10 minutes to make!
- Curried couscous salad – absolutely delicious and only takes 30 minutes to make in total!
- One-pot lentil bolognese – takes 30 minutes to make and you can even meal prep it, freeze it and defrost and rewarm it any time you don’t feel like cooking.
- Creamy mushroom sauce – a versatile creamy sauce that you can combine with potatoes, pasta, or just some rice! Packed with flavour and also takes less than 30 minutes to make
Mushrooms on toast
- Nonstick frying pan
- Chopping board
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 300 gram chestnut mushrooms sliced
- 4 garlic cloves sliced
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 10 gram coriander finely chopped
- pinch of black pepper
- pinch of salt
- Heat a nonstick frying pan with olive oil and when it begins to sizzle, add the mushrooms and cook, on high heat, until lightly browned which should take about 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic slices, lemon juice, and coriander, and season with salt and black pepper and sauté for 5 more minutes.
- Remove the mushroom mixture from the pan and add the slices of bread, toast on each side until golden.
- Spoon the mushrooms and juices over the toasted bread.