Ready to get a new go to snack, healthy, supper sweet and that takes 5 minutes to make? Even perfect for meal prep! These no bake energy bites will become your new favourite snack!
What do you need to make these no bake energy bites?
- Medjool dates – I have tried making energy bites with other types of dates and my favorite ones to use are the Medjool ones! They are so soft and sweet and taste just like caramel. I prefer to use them instead of just maple syrup as they add extra fiber and not just sugar to these energy bites.
- Almond butter – makes everything stick together and the end result is so delicious!
- Coconut flakes – the coconut flakes give the energy balls an extra flavor but you can omit it if you don’t fancy it!
- Rolled oats – these will serve as the base ingredient for our energy bites
- Chia seeds – add some extra fiber and protein to the energy bites and helps everything to stick together!
- Cinnamon – it is the main flavor component of these energy bites and I couldn’t recommend using it more! If you are not a fan of cinnamon, you can really try any other flavor even cacao powder!
How to make no-bake energy bites
Add, to a food processor, the Medjool dates without their core, and blend until they turn into small-sized pieces.
Now, add to the food processor, all the remaining ingredients and pulse. Don’t blend too much so that the oats don’t turn into powder.
Now all you have to do, is just form the balls and leave them in the fridge for whenever you want a snack!
Let’s talk replacements
- Medjool dates – if you have another type of dates at home, this works too! They probably won’t be as sweet but they are still really good.
- Almond butter – If you don’t have almond butter at home, this works with any type of nut butter! The flavor with the change of course but it will always be so good as long as you use a nut butter you like!
- Chia seeds – If you don’t have these, replace them with ground flax seeds. They help everything stick together!
- Cinnamon and coconut flakes – ok, so if you don’t like cinnamon or coconut, you absolutely can omit it. This recipe is super versatile. You can use chocolate or cacao powder instead or even protein powder that you like.
You can store it in the fridge for up to 7 days.
This freezes perfectly so just freeze it for as long as you want! I have frozen it for quite some months and it works really well.
IF YOU TRY THIS NO-BAKE ENERGY BITES RECIPE LET ME KNOW!
Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @nutsandpumpkin . I absolutely love seeing and sharing your recreations!
Finally, are you on Pinterest? Why not save this photo below to your boards so you can come back and try it another time!
Looking for some more snack ideas?
- If on the go, take this with you
- If at home
No bake energy bites
- Food processor
- 90 gram medjool dates pitted
- 24 gram almond butter
- 10 gram coconut flakes
- 60 gram rolled oats
- 10 gram chia seeds
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- Add the pitted medjool dates to the food processor and blend until it is grounded.
- Add the remaining ingredients and pulse until it is all together.
- Form the small balls and put in an airtight container and leave in the fridge for up to 5 days or freezer for a couple of months.